The role of Sales Engineer is about meeting the needs of our customers, in the following counties
The sales role involves selling a range of products to established customers; distributors, OEM’s and end users across industry sectors including pharmaceutical, food processing, packaging and materials handling.
The company is the market leader in the supply of light industrial conveyor belts & power transmission belts throughout Ireland. Founded in 1968, the company was purchased by Ammeraal Beltech in 2017.
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for managing and developing a large existing customer base, as well as pro-actively targeting and winning business with new clients. You will be working on providing conveyor belt solutions with your customers, introducing our wide range of Ammeraal Beltech world class quality products. You join a technical sales team who will share their technical and product knowledge with you, the team has an excellent reputation with our customers of adding value as solution providers.
- Selling to a large existing customer base
- New Business Development, opportunities to grow sales in the region
- Work towards achieving sales targets and goals set per month
- Be part of a pro-active sales team
- Attend monthly sales team meetings
- Maximise profitable sales
- Promoting full product range within the Ammeraal Beltech portfolio.
- Work closely with the Sales Manager on developing sales strategies and providing customer solutions
- Provide high level of customer service
- Provide timely reports via our CRM software
- Work closely with the Fogarty Belting Production and Sales teams to deliver customer satisfaction
Job Type / Category
Sales engineer in a leading global company
Ammeraal Beltech is a leading global company and a true One-Stop Belt Shop providing services and solutions to help process and convey an extraordinary range of products. Our success is based on our close cooperation with customers and the control we have over the full value chain – design, manufacturing, fabrication, sales and servicing
With premises in Dublin, Head Office for Ireland, and County Down, our motto is – “innovation and service in belting”
Ammeraal Beltech offers the largest range of belting products worldwide in over 150 countries. A truly global company, we have production plants in 7 countries, over 80 service centres, more than 2,500 employees and 25,000 customers in 26 different countries. In fact, many of the products you see and use daily were probably in contact with Ammeraal Beltech belts before they came to you.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- 3rd Level qualification in mechanical or production engineering OR equivalent experience in industry
- A minimum of 5 years sales experience
- Proficient in all MS Office packages
- A full clean driving licence
- Recent successful experience in selling into pharmaceutical, food processing, packaging and materials handling and associated sectors.
- Experience of conveyor belts or conveyors would be advantageous.
- Hold a strong technical aptitude.
- Having a track record in New Business Development and an excellent relationship builder
- Enthusiastic and positive approach. A team worker, with colleagues and customers
- Proven ability to work on own initiative, have a can-do attitude, and willing to go the extra mile to provide service for customers
Salary & benefits: we offer a competitive salary, an attractive commission, a company car and benefits. Product training in our manufacturing locations in the UK and Holland. Mentoring support from our experienced Sales Manager to enable you settle into the role quickly.
No agencies please.